Vinnie Zaffarano has over a decade of experience as an auctioneer, graduating from World Wide College of Auctioneering in 1999. In 2005 he founded Zaffarano Auctioneers and conducts 150+ auctions annually. Vinnie works as an independent contractor for benefit, real estate, and automobile auctions with his main focus in the fundraising sector. He is a member of the NAA (National Auctioneers Association) and abides by the NAA code of ethics. He is also a member of the ISAA (Illinois State Auctioneer Association), IAA (Indiana Auctioneer Association), and WAA (Wisconsin Auctioneer Association).
As a strong believer in education Vinnie attended and completed the Benefit Auction Specialist (BAS) course conducted by the NAA and received his certification. He has been trained on the latest benefit auction techniques, marketing skills, and business strategies that create successful fundraising events. Mr. Zaffarano is among less than one percent of auctioneers throughout North America with specialized training in benefit auctions.
In August of 2009, Vinnie took First place in the Illinois State Auctioneer Championship in Springfield, Illinois. He competed among 22 of the Top Auctioneers in the State and was awarded the Championship. He will represent ILLINOIS as its ambassador throughout 2010 educating the public on the Auction Method of Marketing. Vinnie will also be competing at the National Auctioneer Association (NAA) Championship in Greensboro, NC in July of 2010.
Vinnie also attends national as well as regional educational seminars focused on the auction method of marketing on a yearly basis. Taking what he has learned through his commitment to education Mr. Zaffarano conducts personal consulting to teach his clientele the latest trends and techniques in benefit auctions. Vinnie thrives on customer service and has developed a very loyal clientele in the fundraising field, becoming known as a top producer for his clients in Chicago and the surrounding areas. He is devoted to his company slogan of “Helping Your Organization Reach Its Goals!”.
- Professional Awards / Certifications
- Professional Memberships
- Guest Competition Judge
- 2009 Illinois State Auctioneer Champion
- 2008 2nd Runner Up @ Illinois State Auctioneer Championship
- 2007 4th Place @ Illinois State Auctioneer Championship
- 2005 & 2006 Finalist @ Illinois State Auctioneer Championship
- 2009 Top 16 @ International Auctioneer Contest (IAC)
- 2007-2009 Finalist @ Indiana Auctioneer (IAA) Contest
- Benefit Auction Specialist (BAS) Graduate, July 2008
- World Wide College of Auctioneering Graduate, May 1999
- National Auctioneer Association (NAA), Member since 2002
- Illinois State Auctioneer Association (ISAA), Member since 2004
- Indiana Auctioneer Association (IAA), Member since 2004
- Michican State Auctioneer Association (MSAA), Member 2009 - 2010
- Wisconsin Auctioneer Association (WAA), Member 2007 - 2009
- Fundraising Professional Group Non-Profit Marketing and Fundraising Tips
- ISAA Competition - August 2010
- WAA Competition - August 2010
Auction Floor Staff
Zaffarano Auctioneers charity auction floor staff is more than just Professional bid-spotters. They are highly trained and entertaining salespeople whose goal is to encourage the bidding not only during the live charity auction, but the silent auction as well. Most benefit auctions see dramatic increases in their revenues with professional floor staff to assist the charity auctioneer.
Before the live charity auction even begins, our floor staff is busy managing the silent auction items. They have the ability to promote items that are not receiving the attention and the bids that they deserve. The floor staff will ensure that the silent auction runs smoothly and closes correctly.
During the live charity auction, ZaffaranoAuctioneers professional floor staff increases the excitement and energizes the crowd. Their focus is on identifying bidders and encouraging them to increase their bids. They also show their gratitude to the winning bidders.
Some nonprofit organizations attempt to do these jobs themselves, forcing their staff and volunteers to be working during the charity auction. When our floor staff is on the job, the nonprofit’s staff and volunteers no longer have to work and usually start buying at the fundraising auction, increasing the number of bidders.
Professional Team Members
Michael Espe (Professional Auctioneer)
- Member of NAA, ISAA, and WAA
- ISAA Auctioneer Champion - August 1992
- WAA Auctioneer Champion - August 2000
- IAC International Auctioneer Champion - July 2000, Finalist 1997-1998
- WAAC World Automobile Auctioneer Championship - Finalist 2003
- IAC Guest Judge Auctioner Championship - July 2008
- ISAA Guest Judge Auctioner Championship - August 1991
- IAA Guest Judge Auctioner Championship - November 2008
- WAA Guest Judge Auctioner Championship - August 2005
- Missouri Auction School Graduate - May 1985
James Hennegan (Professional Auctioneer, Professional Bid Assistant)
- Member of NAA, and ISAA
- 2008 ISAA Auctioneer Champion
- 2007 ISAA Reserve Champion
- 2006 ISAA Finalist
- 2009 WAAC World Automobile Auctioner Championship Finalist
- 2008 IAC International Auctioneer Competition Top 16 Finalist
- 2009 ISAA Competition Guest Judge
- Missouri Auction School Graduate - 1987